Another clueless, airhead model

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Doobie Jr.


A year to the month that Doobie passed on I was given the opportunity to care for another cat.  “Doobie Jr.” was hanging around a trailer near the Brazoria NWR and fed daily by a summer intern.  Since she was leaving town and heard from the refuge biologist that I wanted a black cat, she contacted me about the adoption.  I picked Doobie Jr. up the next morning; a mile from where I found Doobie Sr. 6 years ago.  I don’t think it's far-fetched to believe that Doobie Jr. came from the same lineage.  He has the same body type, is congenial and “gurgles” when he’s about to jump on the bed to sleep with me.  He is growing accustomed to his siblings but will still hiss if they get too close.  After a day or two I could leave him outside all night and I’m sure he has marked out the boundaries of his territory.  He’s about 6 months old.

1 comment:

geekydorkgirl said...

Wow. He's a little sleeker but so was Doobie when he was young. I can tell his eyes are different, but he looks just as handsome. :( I miss Doobie #1.

Flattr