Another clueless, airhead model

Friday, September 28, 2012

Spider Allies


Add:
3 dogs + one dog door
1 cat master demanding to be let outside all the time
Coastal Texas

And you get torrential invasions of mosquitoes that invariably find their way into my house.  My defense is the vacuum cleaner and it is not uncommon to suck up 30+ mosquitoes in four rooms.  To assist me I’ve allowed my abode to be occupied by spiders that make their home in the corners of the ceilings.  I often see the husk of over a dozen mosquitoes in a web. 

Although thrilling and death-defying, the prospect of living with Black Widows and a potential bite would be a drag on my day so I sought to identify who my friends were.  Fortunately my spider allies are the common, non-toxic Comb-Clawed Spiders (Achearanea spp.).  They belong in the same family as Black and Brown Widows and the American House Spider. – Family Theridiidae

My friends will be transported outside because the walls are to painted.  I’m sure over the period of a month I will acquire new allies. 

KINGDOM: Animalia
PHYLUM: Arthropoda
CLASS: Arachnida
ORDER: Araneae
FAMILY: Theridiidae
GENUS: Achaeranea
SPECIES: Spp.


Flattr