Another clueless, airhead model

Sunday, November 07, 2010

The War Weasel

I'm ferret siting for Chelsea and Nick while they are vacationing in England. Never had a ferret before but after a day I settled into living with one. The rest of the family doesn't know what to think of BASIL. Motorhead is scared of him, Spock would love to kill him, Othello is undecided and Kahn lets him sniff him. Kahn is the only one I trust with Basil. His full name is Basil Hewett but I call him Basil Rathbone after the British actor that played Sherlock Holmes. Basil (Mustela putorius furo) is a member of the weasel family and possibly a domesticated descendant of European ferrets. He is a true carnivore but only eats ferret pellet food. He has to stay in my room due to the dangers of escaping outside or getting near Spock. Nevertheless he has many opportunities (closets, nooks/crannies and boxes) in there to keep him busy. Otherwise he sleeps for 18 hours a day. In the video you'll see the War Weasel Dance behavior as he fights with my hand. This is displayed as a side to side motion and freaked out jittering.

No comments:

Flattr