Another clueless, airhead model

Saturday, August 29, 2009

What do I do?

I work for the Man - The Feds in an under-the-radar agency called the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Before I got the job as a botanist I never heard of this agency. "Botanist" seems like a misnomer sometimes because I get backlogged with IT business, invasive weed control and getting backed into a corner where I have to do other peoples work for them. On occasion I dabble in wildfires and prescribed burns. The profile photo is of me somewhere on a fire in West Texas last year. I can hang with the youngin's but the morning after is murder on my creaky bones.

I'd say the UFWS is the best government natural resource agency to work for because the people are close to nature and sometimes the only ones standing between mother earth and the earth rapers.

No comments:

Flattr