Another clueless, airhead model

Monday, September 21, 2009

500 miles of plants



The weekend took me on a 500 round trip from Albuquerque to Lubbock. A new route through Vaughn, NM offered a change in the botanizing from the well-reconnoitered route from I-40 to 60 to Fort Sumner. With Fall on the horizon the last of the wildflowers are going dormant and any new species for 2009 will require a trip to south Texas. My species photo list continues to grow.  The Botdar was on maximum setting but the bush penstemon remained elusive.
The mission in Lubbock was to keep Josh on the right path. He's been waviering a little as teenage boys are want to do. I hoped to mitigate the brain drain that come with impressing women and had "the talk" to separate rumors from fact. We had to work around the family events: slipping away to catch the latest installment of "Final Destination". I'm glad I paid matinee price for this one. I'm sure it'll be nominated for a 2009 Razzie. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/final_destination_final_death_trip_3D/?name_order=asc
Next stop: Colorado.

No comments:

Flattr